Tuesday 8 May 2007

Morning Drives

Ah, there's nothing better worse than the humdrum driving experience of the morning. I'm talking about the 'still-half-asleep' mode that we're all in. You see people jump into their cars and drive off, neither fast nor slow, but certainly not giving the engine oil a chance to warm (thus giving it just a little bit more wear). More importantly, they all look thoroughly miserable.

I guess that is down to the fact that few of us have a delightful passable experience on the roads. I'm a little lucky with my current assignment - I head away from the busy roads. This means I have the relative luxury of rarely being stuck in a traffic jam, barring on one occasion that I can recall. How about you though? I know I'm in the minority here with my morning drive. It's still hardly stress free but I know it could be a lot worse.

I did read about one guy in Evo Magazine who had a pretty good car and very quiet backroads in which to give it a sound thrashing in the morning. Now to me, that sounds ideal. Get the adrenaline pumping, no-one to hit and a little excitement to start the day. Now, to just get everyone else off the road, or move to the country...

No comments: