Thursday 10 May 2007

Industrial Estates

A friend of a friend drove to an industrial estate the other night. It was huge and completely empty. It was the ideal thrashing space for his new car, a 2.0 litre sports version. This estate had no people around (so no-one was in danger) and a good few windy routes to hit. He said it was a lot of fun and he'd have to take me there sometime.

Before you get the wrong idea, I'd never endorse dangerous driving. However, people drive on motorways well above the speed limit all the time. So, doing 40 in an industrial estate is very much less likely to injure anyone, and preferable to the enthusiasts who meet at an 'unknown location' to roar their engines.

Either way, this style of driving (urban exploration if you will) makes me think that I need to get a Subaru Impreza or something. I'd imagine that the new WRX would be a lot of fun to take on some country roads. Now, I just need to drive a bit further out of the suburbs...

No comments: