Saturday 26 May 2007

Mazda MX-5 - The Drive


Isn't that just as pretty as a picture? Yes, that's an MX-5. Or Mazda Miata if you're American. Anyway, the point is, even with the smallest engine, this car is a great drive. It is a hoot. Front engined, rear wheel drive. Let it slide out baby!
The car pictured is of course a newer edition, what with it lacking the raising headlights and the new alloys. Regardless, even the oldest MX-5's are worth doing up. This is a car that, even with the oldest of models, retains a value above £1,000. This however might change next year. Which is exactly the reason I would buy one.
I could afford a really old MX-5 now on the £1k mark. However, I'd rather wait just a little bit longer. Then I'll get something, hopefully with not INSANE miles, but we'll soon see. I intend to fit new alloy wheels (white ones), salvaged seats, new bits and pieces and of course a fully serviced and uprated engine. I'm hoping to use this as a full mod project but I need the car first. I'm going to take a look soon so I'll give an update with more news when I have something to say on it.
For reference, the MX-5 is a great roadster of classic proportions with a reasonably sized boot for a very small car. Go drive one. You won't look back.

No comments: