Monday 14 May 2007

Driving Fast Through Villages

No - I didn't. So, why did you? You tailgated me dangerously for quite a distance, giving out rude gestures when I slowed down. You sped past me on a corner. You were going about 45 mph as you rounded the bend into the village. You would have killed a child outright.

This is something that really happened to me. I'd been out hiking for a bit, and was on my way home. I was followed dangerously closely by someone driving an older MR2. He's out there now, no doubt speeding again.

I'm still really surprised that, given how much knowledge that people have of how easily cars can kill, that they still go far too fast. Frankly I was saddened by this experience and it took some of the pleasure away from driving, so I may not have too many positive articles for a while.

No comments: