Wednesday 11 April 2007

Eating Food In MY Car

Before you ask, no you may not. To some, a car is merely a way of getting somewhere. Somewhere they already aren't - hence the car. To others, it is a source of pride and joy to which they spend cash and time. My interest lies somewhere in the middle. I really like my car but moreover I am very aware it is a functional device. As it is something I can occupy up to an hour a day or even a few hours at the weekend I need the environment to be comfortable.

This means no food wrappers or crumbs about the place. I used to eat breakfast in my last car and it was tip because of that. I've learnt my lesson (as well as changing jobs). To the gents out there: if a lady sees your car is a complete dive inside (regardless of what it is on the outside) she may think your place, manners and bed are the same. Not exactly the impression you want to give is it?

If you're a girl then sweets and perfume is fine but teddy bears lining the back seat might seem a little odd to a male passenger. Even still I wouldn't mind that provided I wasn't sitting in a sea of crisp packets and standing on empty plastic bottles.

I guess the name of the game here is propriety, as well as what makes you personally most happy. As I've invested a lot in my car then I want to respect the money I put in to get it. So you should too. So if you're ever in it, once again, before you ask, no you may not! Try here for more info. In fact as I haven't found a really good article about it I'll write myself. Watch this space.

2 comments:

Stu said...

My mate's car is a proper skip. I have to dust myself down everytime I exit it. My car is pristine, partly because I put plastic sheeting over everything so I don't get any blood stains on the upholstery.

I am, of course lying about my car. I don't have one. I can't even drive. well, not legally anyway. I actually have a fear of driving. I'm scared that I'll crash and kill a family or something.

Anonymous said...

Ah, the old ZOMG what if I hit someone. I must admit, that's quite a hard fear to get over...