Saturday 22 December 2007

Nissan GT-R


This is a picture of the glorious new super/sports car from Nissan. It is of course the Nissan GT-R. Over at Top Gear they've got a nice little special on it. It is stated that this is one of the fastest production cars ever made (I doubt this will be in terms of flat-out top speed, but it will certainly be with regard to how it corners and accelerates).

It features a twin-clutch semi-auto gearbox which apparently functions better than almost any other on the market. To my mind, it's unsurprising that the Japanese would come up with something a little special for that.

I don't want to say too much about the car given that I hope to be seeing one on the 12th at the Birmingham Motor Show, but I will say that it looks like two cars I already enjoy looking at (and driving). The first is a Nissan 350Z and the second is the Impreza (not the new hatchback though). Combine the two and in my mind you have something that almost resembles a battle tank. Powerful, mighty and definitely macho.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apparently, Nissan has dropped links with the Skyline name for this car so apologies for the earlier error.