Sunday 16 December 2007

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione - A Car For Christmas


As it's coming up to Christmas, I thought I'd do a little special on what I'd like to own for Christmas. Yes, it's this, the wonderfully beautiful Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione. It's up there with Eva Longoria isn't it?

So what are the stats like? It is powered by a 450bhp 4.7 litre V8, perfect 50:50 weight distribution and 20 inch wheels. It should be good for 0-62 in 4.5 seconds and around 190 mph if you should be lucky enough to take it on a thrash to an old, disused airfield.

What is really surprising is that there's only going to be 500 of this car made. I'm not sure if I'm disappointed with that or not. Given that it costs about £100,000 even if I won the lottery I'd be unlikely to buy one. It joins the pantheon therefore of cars that are truly extraordinary both in terms of performance and looks.

No comments: