Saturday 24 March 2007

Scary Undertaking Drivers

I was a little worried the other evening when I was driving back from a relatives' house. On the inside, on a sliproad in fact, a guy was going maybe double the 30mph, he then crossed in front of me in his modded Subaru Impreza and shot off into the third lane, seemingly oblivious to the speed cameras (or the 50mph sign).

This was one of the most dangerous things I've seen in a while, and it kind of holds up to my theory that the later it gets, the weirder the things are that people do on the road. I guess it comes with the territory, or maybe it's just a case of the nutters getting up at 2pm, having their breakfast or whatever then driving off to score some drugs. Either way, there are places to drive in such a manner and they tend to sealed track days, rather than the average British road.

No comments: